We all have special talents… for some of us we’re naturally good at socializing. For others we love numbers, Excel and anything analytical. Some people are naturally great dancers. I am sure of one thing… I am not a “good” dancer. Let me rephrase that – I have two left feet.
Sometimes I really wish I was a better dancer.
However, it takes more than just natural talent to excel at anything in life. It usually takes a lot of hard work and some natural ability to become “one of the best.” Halo video gamers work hard to achieve their rankings. Magicians work hard to make difficult slights look easy. Chick-fil-A works hard to make serving others look easy.
Has anyone ever become the best without working hard at it?
Each Friday I feature a cool, neat online tool that I find of some value.
Screenr is a web-based screen recorder. They are trying to make it very easy to create and share screencasts (videos of your computer screen).
- Nothing to install or download, Mac & PC friendly
- Plays anywhere – even on iPhones
- Record screen cast without signing-up.
- Screenr is easy to use, fast, convenient, and provides the hosting for simple screencasts.
If you have more intensive screen recording needs, you might check out other screen recording alternatives. MakeUseof.com gives some good alternatives you may check out if Screenr isn’t for you.
One problem I ran into was that my CR-48 Google is that it does not fully run a Java console. I could not find a workaround for this error.
For simple cases though, Screenr will be a perfect, no-install-required choice. Check it out at Screenr.com.
So I’ve been told that Virginia is for lovers… well Laura and I decided to honeymoon into the western-Charlottesville region of Virginia for our honeymoon.
We decided early on that skiing would not be a smart idea… we had memories of being too sore to move from our previous ski trips. But I will tell you we had A LOT of fun.
We spent several days visiting wineries in the region. We also went snow tubing (
video below Coming soon in an update) and cooked many of our own meals. Shortly after arriving, it quickly turned cold… very cold. In fact it snowed several times and we discovered that we were not use to all of this cold weather.
Instead of typing out everything we did I made a short bucket list of things we did (and, more importantly, things we did not do)
- Stay in Atlanta, GA & Charlotte, NC – Saturday & Sunday
- Sleep/lounge/watch movies/ recovered from wedding craziness – Mon & Tues
- Visited Monticello, Jefferson Winery and Charlottesville – Wed
- Went Snow Tubing, made our own diner – Thursday
- Visited 3 wineries, 1 Cider Works, 2 microbreweries and ate at a restaurant called Thai/Mex 2, watched Dateline – Friday
- Played it low, decided to leave early because of snow storm (see my previous post about it), and packed up – Saturday
- Traveled back to Savannah, Stayed at the historic Planters Inn, ate at the Olde Pink House – Sunday
- Traveled back home to Statesboro because of the snowstorm that I previously wrote about – Monday
I love Laura and we had a lot of fun on our honeymoon. I can also say (with ALL honesty) that our married life has been just as fun and rewarding as our honeymoon. It is my wish that our marriage and love for each other can be a testament for others.
Video coming soon…