This gallery contains 16 photos.
Last week Laura and I took our first “vacation” since we’ve been married. We’ve taken several trips, but nothing close to a week of “doing nothing.” It was exciting to have a (paid) week where we could just sit back and relax. We spent some time with her family, took Ruby to the beach and […]
Today’s my beautiful wife’s birthday. Feel free to shoot her a quick praise on her Facebook or Twitter. I’ve been told to never reveal a woman’s age, so you’re on your own to figure that out.
Laura and I got married in January 2011 at our Alma-Mater, Berry College. She is my right hand and makes me the man that I am. Laura is by far the best thing to ever have come into my life (behind Jesus of course.) She currently works at the Georgia Center for Nonprofits as a Membership Coordinator.
My most brilliant achievement was my ability to be able to persuade my wife to marry me. – Winston Churchill
So I’ve been told that Virginia is for lovers… well Laura and I decided to honeymoon into the western-Charlottesville region of Virginia for our honeymoon.
We decided early on that skiing would not be a smart idea… we had memories of being too sore to move from our previous ski trips. But I will tell you we had A LOT of fun.
We spent several days visiting wineries in the region. We also went snow tubing (
video below Coming soon in an update) and cooked many of our own meals. Shortly after arriving, it quickly turned cold… very cold. In fact it snowed several times and we discovered that we were not use to all of this cold weather.
Instead of typing out everything we did I made a short bucket list of things we did (and, more importantly, things we did not do)
- Stay in Atlanta, GA & Charlotte, NC – Saturday & Sunday
- Sleep/lounge/watch movies/ recovered from wedding craziness – Mon & Tues
- Visited Monticello, Jefferson Winery and Charlottesville – Wed
- Went Snow Tubing, made our own diner – Thursday
- Visited 3 wineries, 1 Cider Works, 2 microbreweries and ate at a restaurant called Thai/Mex 2, watched Dateline – Friday
- Played it low, decided to leave early because of snow storm (see my previous post about it), and packed up – Saturday
- Traveled back to Savannah, Stayed at the historic Planters Inn, ate at the Olde Pink House – Sunday
- Traveled back home to Statesboro because of the snowstorm that I previously wrote about – Monday
I love Laura and we had a lot of fun on our honeymoon. I can also say (with ALL honesty) that our married life has been just as fun and rewarding as our honeymoon. It is my wish that our marriage and love for each other can be a testament for others.
Video coming soon…